Do you qualify?
Prospective members who can meet the following criteria may be considered for membership:
- Residents of Nottinghamshire or an area with an NG post code
- Friends of members wherever they live
- Residents of Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Derbyshire
Applicants who do not have friends who are members of the Society should complete an online application form. The Membership Secretary will then contact the applicant to arrange an interview. If the interview is successful, the applicant will be placed on the waiting list.
The standard of membership is high and to ensure this remains so, there is a clear process involved in becoming a member, and the Membership Secretary will explain that to all applicants. In addition all new members will be expected to complete a working party in their first year of membership.
How much does it cost?
There is an annual subscription, but, in the first year only, there is also an entrance fee of twice the annual subscription. The annual subscription is varied from time to time, but for 2015 the cost is £120. This means that £320 (including the entrance fee) is payable in the first year and £120 per annum thereafter. Please note that the membership year is the calendar year, ie. from January 1st to December 31st. Annual subscriptions must be paid by standing order.
How to apply
- You can contact the Membership Secretary by phone on 074 967 711 46
- You can download an application form and send your completed form by post to the Membership Secretary: M. Morris, The Lindens, Low Road, Manthorpe, Grantham, Lincs. NG31 8NQ.
- You can complete the Online membership application form (advised).
There is currently a waiting list; date of application and qualification criteria will be used to determine where the prospective member is positioned on that list.